Today’s topic is one of the most important things you need to know about love. You CANNOT give what you don’t have. You CANNOT LOVE someone else if you don’t love yourself.
I have spoken with several people over the years that don’t love themselves. This could be for several reasons, but mostly because of an abusive past, either sexual, physical or verbal abuse. They have come to despise themselves. Are you in this category?
You NEED to get over that limitation and begin to live. And you can only truly live when you love yourself. I’m not talking about being vain or self-conceited or overly self conscious. I’m talking about being comfortable and confident in your own skin.
I could write an entire book on this but because of how short this has to be, let me just state some bullet points that might address you personally. To love yourself, you need to do the following:
* Speak well to yourself at ALL TIMES.
* Speak well of yourself.
* Eat well and rest well.
* Stay fit; exercise often.
* Take care of yourself; buy things that you love but don’t be wasteful.
* Please don’t EVER compare yourself with somebody else.
* Don’t change your skin colour, gender, etc just to be like another person.
* Be diligent, you’ll be proud of yourself when you succeed
* Enjoy your own company; have friends but have ‘alone times’.
* Smile and laugh a lot.
There are more but let me stop here. You deserve to be happy, please be happy. No matter what anybody has ever told you, please know that YOU ARE SPECIAL. YOU ARE HANDSOME/BEAUTIFUL. YOU ARE SUPER INTELLIGENT. Please love yourself, and then it would be second nature to you to love others too.
I would conclude this series tomorrow with Love Comes From Him. That’s the final topping on this desert. You don’t want to miss it. I’ll ‘see’ you tomorrow. Until then, please KEEP LIVING and KEEP LOVING.
I love you.
Timi Adigun (Doctor Love).